New Grievances for a New American Revolution
Two hundred and thirty-six years ago, 56 brave men representing the thirteen united States of America declared that separation from the British crown was necessary as a result of numerous abuses of power and infringements upon personal liberty. These men were not only willing to jeopardize their good names, but their “Lives, [their] Fortunes, and [their] Sacred Honor.”
Once again, Americans face a despot, a leader who is unwilling to accept limitations on power that have been set forth, one who is unwilling to embrace the very foundations of the American Capitalistic economy. The word “despot” carries a very strong negative connotation, but it is applicable to the Obama presidency for a number of reasons. The Oxford English Dictionary defines a despot as “any ruler who governs absolutely or tyrannically; an oppressor.”
Remember that Valerie Jarrett, co-chair of Barack Obama’s Presidential transition committee told Tom Brokaw in a 2008 Meet the Press interview that “Obama [would be] prepared to take power and begin to rule Day 1.” The plan all along has been to “rule” this country, not lead or govern, which are leadership styles more commonly associated with a free country.
For the past three years, we have experienced a series of shock and awe moments, as this administration has exercised absolute power in a way that is creating “repeated injuries and usurpations, all having in direct object the establishment of absolute Tyranny over these States” (Declaration of Independence). Once again, “let Facts be submitted to a candid world” in an effort to make the case:
- He has permitted the abuse of eminent domain to seize underwater mortgages. Read
- He has forced individuals to pay tax penalties for refusing to buy health insurance. Read
- He has abused executive order and executive privileges, especially in the efforts to cover up misdeeds of his administration. Read
- He is working actively to allow student loan debt to be forgiven, effectively showing economic favoritism of one group of citizens over another. Read
- He has shown preference to business and misused government funds to support and rescue failing companies run by large campaign donors. Read
- He has failed to follow the separation of powers between the branches of government. Read
- He has abused taxpayer dollars to take extravagant family vacations while others have to sacrifice because they are out of work. Read
- He has failed to meet with his JOBS Council in more than half a year, even though unemployment numbers are at a record high during his presidency. Read
- He has shown blatant disregard for the law of the land.
- He has engaged in excessive “stimulus” spending. Read and Read
Further, he should be removed from office this November for the following offenses:
- For neglecting to adequately equip and protect the U.S. Armed Forces and border agents. Watch
- For building dangerous friendships with dictators and leaders of our nation’s enemies (Read) and destroying alliances that our nation has had for centuries. Watch
- For associating with known domestic terrorists. Read and Read and Read
Courageous American citizens must once again declare our intentions to be free from despotism; we must demand that the power of the federal government be diminished and returned to the states; and we must vote in November in such a way as to move toward this end. If we do not, we are facing a grim future, the possibility of states seceding from the union, and a New American Revolution that will forever alter the landscape of this great nation.