ObamaCare, What Are We Afraid Of?
Like everyone else in the country, I am waiting to see what the Supreme Court has to say about ObamaCare. All the polls show that a majority of the people are against ObamaCare and want it to go away. I have to admit, I am one of those people. But I was thinking, why are so many people against it, when no one has even read it? A bill with over twenty-seven-hundred pages, that no one has read on either side. The people who are for it, have not read it, as well as the people who are against it, have not read it. Since I cannot speak for the people who are for it, I am going to tell you why I am against it.
1. The way it was past; we saw Washington at its worst, a bill that big, which will take over one-sixth of the economy should not have been done in a partisan way. The Democrats stood in the way of everything the Republicans wanted to do. The Democrats lied, cheated, bribed and strong armed people in their own party who were against it, just to get it done. Which cost many of them their jobs.
2. No one read the bill; how can any politician, look us in the face and tell us this is a good bill without even knowing what is in it. This is ridiculous, a bill this big and no one reads it before they vote on it, I am willing to bet the President still does not know what is in his own bill. I was really surprised that the whole country was not in an uproar when Nancy Pelosi went on national television and said, “we have to pass the bill, so we can find out what is in it.” That still makes my blood boil. This woman thinks the American people are stupid.
3. Doctors are against it; health care, what the hell do politicians know about health care? Nothing, 86% of all doctors are against ObamaCare. Now I don’t know about you, but I am going to trust a doctors opinion on a health care matter, before I trust a politicians, especially the ones that do not take the time to read the bill.
4. Other countries; all you have to do is look around to other countries that also have socialized medicine and you will see that it just does not work. I was watching a news show that had representatives of Great Britain pleading with us not to follow what they did with their health care. They described how people have to wait months to get an appointment to see a doctor, the government decides when and if you need surgery, medicine is in short supply and on and on about how bad it was, I will take the word of experience any day.
5. Big Government; I don’t know about you, but I think government is too big as it is, I do not want them growing any bigger. This government seems to be all about control, they say that they want to help us when all they really want is to control our everyday lives. Do you really want the government deciding what is good for your health, or do you want your doctor to tell you? I for one am voting for my doctor.
6. Boy it came fast; Am I the only one that finds it strange, one day Obama is President, the next day he has a twenty-seven hundred page health care bill in his hand. Did anyone ever think about where it came from and who wrote it, I still don’t know. I know damn sure, the president did not write it. It seems to me that liberals have been working on this for years, just waiting for the right time to spring it on the American people.
Do we need health care reform? Yes we do, but let us keep the government out of it. History has taught us, that government screws-up almost everything it touches, the government cannot even run itself, how can we trust them with something that big and that should remain between a doctor and a patient.
I vote repeal and replace.
This is one man’s opinion