America is in decline, there is no doubt about it. I was born and raised when America, I believe, was at its peak, in the 1950’s. I am now living through what I believe is Americas decline. Although I felt something was wrong for many years, over the past decade I found myself saying more and more, “what the hell is going on with this country.” If you ask me to name the reason, I could not pinpoint it, because it is like a giant jig-saw puzzle, there are many different pieces that are making up the decline of America. In my book America, ”What Kind Of Society Are We Leaving Our Kids” I talk about the many things that I feel is wrong with America today.
I was curious, what made other great empires fall? What were the things that made a great empire like Rome come crashing to its knees? So, I decided to do some research as to why the once great Roman Empire, the empire that ruled what was then the world, for centuries. I was amazed at the similarities between the Roman Empire and America today.
Here is a list of a few of the reasons that Rome fell. See the similarities?
1. The senate became extremely corrupt and political instability became the norm in the country. A series of very incompetent, rather crazy Emperors were elected and the people suffered as a result. Civil revolts sprung up, lead by rebellious citizens.
*Washington is now extremely corrupt and political instability is the norm. Obama was elected and because of his policies, the people are suffering. Civil revolts are springing up, Tea Party, Occupy Wall Street.
2. Emperor Constantine divided the empire into two halves. This made Rome easy to concur.
*Obama is dividing the country. Rich vs. poor, the haves and have not’s, class warfare.
3. Rome depended on its empire for funds; it became very poor and had trouble coping economically. Rome had nothing to trade, and could not rebuild itself.
*America depends on its people for funds, but we have become poor because of Obama’s wild deficit spending and we are having trouble coping economically.
4. During certain Imperators regimes, they debased the currency. This meant that a coin didn’t have a default value. Instead, it was represented by the amount of silver it contained. When Emperor Claudius was in power, coinage wasn’t even made up of 1% actual silver. As a result, severe inflation occurred.
*Our currency was once backed by gold, now it is backed by the word of the government. We have had; QE1, QE2, the fed is printing money like crazy, severe inflation is just down the road.
5. High taxes was another issue which wasn’t resolved easily. It caused distress and anxiousness among many classes in Ancient Rome.
*Obama wants to raise taxes as much as he can. Job creators cannot hire people, which means high unemployment, which causes distress and anxiousness among the people.
6. With the expansion of the Roman Empire, many different cultures were accepted in Rome, because they were not dedicated to Rome, but their own cultures, pride in Rome faded and Rome along with it.
* Pride in America is no longer the focus, while other cultures are celebrated; the American culture is being pushed to the side. Multiculturalism does not work, as the United Kingdom is now finding out.
Old saying: “Those who ignore history, are doomed to repeat it”
It looks like our future is staring us right in the face, but Americans refuse to see it. If we do not change course soon, who knows if we will ever be able to get back. Obama is surely taking us down the wrong path, without a doubt, but he did not start the wheel in motion, we have been going down this road for decades. Even Bill Ayers, the unrepentant terrorist said recently that America is in decline, I never thought I would agree with a terrorist, but he is right. What he did not say, is that it was liberal views and policies that brought us to this point.
“What Kind Of Society Are We Leaving Our Kids” Available Here
This is one man’s opinion