Obama and Gun Control
This post is both old and current. It is old because Obama has a history of advocating gun control. It is current because of how the Second Amendment can be decimated by Obama’s reelection, and how gun control is always something for which Obama is working.
The Second Amendment to the US Constitution clearly states, “A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.” The Supreme Court of the US, in District of Columbia Et al. v. Heller, ruled that the Second Amendment protects an individual right to possess a firearm unconnected with service in a militia, and to use that arm for traditionally lawful purposes, such as self-defense within the home.
In yet another attempt to circumvent the US Constitution, the Supreme Court, and Congress, President Barack Hussein Obama tried to have his way again. In March, 2011, faced with a Congress hostile to even slight restrictions of Second Amendment rights, the Obama administration explored potential changes to gun laws that could be secured strictly through executive action.
BTW, here are some quotes from a famous (and a not-so-famous) person, as well as the consequences of gun control:
- Adolph Hitler: “The most foolish mistake we could possibly make would be to allow the subject races to posses arms. History shows that all conquerors who have allowed their subject races to carry arms have prepared their own downfall by doing so.”
- Former US Attorney General Janet Reno: “Waiting periods are only a step. Registration is only a step. The prohibition of private firearms is the goal.”
- In 1911, Turkey established gun control. From 1915 to 1917, 1.5 million Armenians, unable to defend themselves, were rounded up and exterminated.
- In 1929, the Soviet Union established gun control. From 1929 to 1953, about 20 million dissidents, unable to defend themselves, were rounded up and exterminated.
- In 1935, China established gun control. From 1948 to 1952, 20 million political dissidents, unable to defend themselves, were rounded up and exterminated.
- In 1938, Germany established gun control. From 1939 to 1945, a total of 13 million Jews and others who were unable to defend themselves were rounded up and exterminated.
- In 1956, Cambodia established gun control. From 1975 to 1977, one million educated people, unable to defend themselves, were rounded up and exterminated.
- In 1964, Guatemala established gun control. From 1964 to 1981, 100,000 Mayan Indians, unable to defend themselves, were rounded up and exterminated.
- In 1970, Uganda established gun control. From 1971 to 1979, 300,000 Christians, unable to defend themselves, were rounded up and exterminated.
If there was ever a reason to fight gun control, to fight for our 2nd amendment right, the above list is it!
Obama took in $421242 in campaign contributions in 2008 from Bank of America’s (BOA) executives, so there is a (strong) tie between Obama and BOA. And BOA got bailed out. BOA is one of just two vendors processing payments for Barack Obama’s 2012 presidential campaign, employing a system that disables safeguards against illegal foreign donations.
Now we learn that a BOA terminated business with McMillan Fiberglass Stocks, McMillan Firearms Manufacturing, and McMillan Group International, who have been collectively banking with BOA for 12 years. Ray Fox, BOA Senior Vice President, confirmed that the termination was politically motivated. Are we beginning to connect dots?
McMillan is heavily involved with US national security. McMillan rifle stocks are the standard for the Marine Corps’ favored M40A3 sniper rifle. McMillan products, from stocks and other accessories to complete rifles, are used by US regular and special forces and by American military allies around the globe. McMillan products are of particular import in Afghanistan and in Iraq, where snipers and designated marksmen armed with long-range precision rifles performed (and still perform) vital scouting and overwatch functions protecting maneuver units. The extended range of these weapons allows forces to engage with and destroy enemy forces before they are in range to accurately fire against American soldiers and Marines.
The ultimate question is, “If Obama successfully controls all guns out of existence, what good will the Second Amendment be?”
But that’s just my opinion.
Cross-posted at RWNO, my personal web site.