Top News
Home >> 2012 Election News >> Romney Says No to Trump's Debate

Romney Says No to Trump's Debate

In an interview with Fox News’ Neil Cavuto on Tuesday, Presidential candidate Mitt Romney said that he would not be attending the ION/Newsmax GOP debate being hosted by Donald Trump.

The former governor of Massachusetts has not yet commented on his reason for declining to attend.

Considering the size of IONs viewership and the holiday scheduling of the debate, viewership of the event is expected to be light. Newsmax’s choice to use a reality television star to host the debate has caused Jon Huntsman and Ron Paul to decline the invitation and choosing disgraced former CNN news chief Eason Jordan as a producer has also soured the appeal of the event.

Newt Gingrich and Rick Santorum  are the only candidates to so far accept an invite to the December 27th GOP debate, but  with Mitt dropping out even more may decide that that the event is not for them.

Looking for more great news and commentary from a conservative perpective? Visit our homepage!

About R. Mitchell

Rich Mitchell is the Sr. Managing Editor of Conservative Daily News. His posts may contain opinions that are his own and are not necessarily shared by Anomalous Media, CDN, staff or .. much of anyone else. Find him on twitter, facebook and