Writing His Speech

You are currently browsing comments. If you would like to return to the full story, you can read the full entry here: “Writing His Speech”.

Tags: , , , , ,

Previous Article

1. Jeremy says:

Nice…. Ice cartoons work very well in the summer. I’ll take those any day. The Johnson family loves Antonio and his work. Who else can capture the images and frustration like him….not a question.

2. C. Glasl says:

well, number of digits aside, I find the cartoon to be politically apt. Good job, Antonio. Perhaps we should just “give the finger” to your detractor. :)

3. Todd says:

feel like i’m in a play-pen.

4. Jayson Quilantan says:

Antonio’s INCOMPETENCE shines once again! The speech writer has 5-fingers on one hand and 6 on his writing hand!

Federal budget? You can’t even balance human anatomy!!! ROTFLMAO!!!!

• R. Mitchell says:

That’s fairly petty of you. It doesn’t point to any incompetence of the cartoonist, but may signal that despite his awesome art and great wit, Antonio is indeed .. human. I’m sure he’ll fix and re-publish, I’ve sent him an email with a more reasonable version of your commentary.

Thanks for noting the error, hopefully you can see it in yourself to do so in a less insulting manner in the future.

R. Mitchell,
      Managing Editor, CDN

• Tony Branco says:

Fixed … Rich meet Jayson… He’s been banned on my facebook paged for being childish, sophomoric, and irritating with no real substance or any intellectual contribution to any issues…

• Rich Garza says:

If you haven’t thrown that finger away I’ll take it. I’m not afraid to give it to J.Q.

• Jayson Quilantan says:

Yeah, it’s too easy to “win” any “debate” when you can just SILENCE the opposition… I bet it takes a REAL MAN to hit the BAN button!

• R. Mitchell says:

Unthinking people need not be silenced. Instead, the light of day is the best way to show their ignorance. Our readers will be the judge. If you remain as harmless as you have been, feel free to critique – it is a free country. If things get nasty, I have a business to protect – something I would hope you might be able to understand.

• Jayson Quilantan says:

The “Managing Editor”… closest thing to quality control around here eh?

• R. Mitchell says:

I understand that you aren’t in the media business and are unaware of what an editor or even managing editor might do. Yes, editorial staff is quality control, but thank you for asking. Please let me know if there are any other questions on the day-to-day operations of a highly-visible media outlet that you would like to understand.

• Jayson Quilantan says:

Your assumptions are faulty, just like the people you promote. What would cause you to think such foolishness?

• R. Mitchell says:

I am willing to be corrected. What highly-visible media outlet are you part of? Considering the lack of thoughtfulness or credulity in your comments, I couldn’t help but thing that you had no knowledge of the workings of a successful media operation. Perhaps something like Air America, but certainly nothing that anyone would actually pay attention to. Direct me to your managing editor so that we may share war stories.

• Jayson Quilantan says:

As “Managing Editor”, the quality control of the company, to not see Antonio’s screw-up BEFORE it was exposed to the public (as that is the DEFINITION of a successful quality control) and the spell check accuracy of the following:

“I couldn’t help but thing that you had no knowledge of the workings of a successful media operation.”

You clearly are behind the times… media is constantly changing! Air America is gone but has been replaced by others… (google Mike Malloy and Randi Rhodes) the FOX News empire has taken a hit recently with the hacking scandal I’m sure you as a media mogul yourself know all about!

• R. Mitchell says:

You are proving yourself to be the naive liberal that many have warned me about. While I tried to give you the benefit of the doubt, you have persisted in your supposition that humanity is perfect by nature and anyone imperfect is evil.

While liberals see this as a guiding principle, I do not. I see humans as fundamentally flawed (yes, you included) and know that the best of us seek to improve from our current position.

If you want to point out spelling, counting or other unintentional, insignificant mistakes to somehow make you feel better, feel free. It is, in itself, an insignificant action. You may or may not understand.