On Thursday, the Republican National Committee published a news release and video detailing Obama’s willingness to take responsibility for the economic situation in America and the results.
Obama: “My administration has a job to do as well. That job is to get this economy back on its feet. That’s my job, and it’s a job I gladly accept. I love these folks who helped get us in this mess and then suddenly say, ‘Well this is Obama’s economy.’ That’s fine. Give it to me. My job is to solve problems, not to stand on the sidelines and carp and gripe. So, I welcome the job. I want the responsibility.”(President Barack Obama, Remarks At Macomb Community College, Warren, MI, 7/14/09)
HOW HAS OBAMA DONE?
- $1.65 Trillion: Projected Federal Deficit For FY2011 – Will Be The Largest In U.S. History. (OMB, 2/14/11)
- $1.42 Trillion: Federal Budget Deficit For FY2009 – Highest In U.S. History. (CBO, 10/7/10)
- $1.29 Trillion: Federal Budget Deficit For FY2010 – Second Highest In U.S. History. (CBO, 10/7/10)
- 44.6 Million: Americans Receiving Food Stamps. (The Wall Street Journal, 5/31/11)
- 14.0 Million: Unemployed Americans. (Bureau of Labor Statistics, Accessed 7/14/11)
- 6.8 Million: Foreclosure Filings Since Obama Took Office. (RealtyTrac, Accessed 7/14/11)
- 2.5 Million: Jobs Lost Since Obama Took Office. (Bureau of Labor Statistics, Accessed 7/14/11)
- 2.0 Million: Private Sector Jobs Lost Since Obama Took Office. (Bureau of Labor Statistics, Accessed 7/14/11)
- 1.8 Million: Jobs Lost Since Obama’s Stimulus Was Passed. (Bureau of Labor Statistics, Accessed 7/14/11)
- 1.59 Million: Personal Bankruptcies In 2010. (United States Courts, 2/15/11)
- 9.2%: Unemployment Rate. (Bureau of Labor Statistics, Accessed 7/14/11)
Why Isn’t the Obama Plan Working?
The Obama plan is failing because the plan is not focused on rescuing the economy through private sector jobs and a better business climate. Obama has spent the sum of his tenure pandering to Big Labor, green energy and Wall Street. He’s sent his NLRB attack dog after Boeing, imposed a moratorium on drilling, wants to raise taxes on entrepreneurs and more. The stimulus mainly went into the pockets of the unions and did nothing for the employment picture. Obama’s gifting of GM to the unions at the cost of the tax payer is a further demonstration of the administrations desire to help unions at any cost to the country.
Quite simply, Obama’s plan is failing because it was never intended to help any of us – the people.