TIME Editor Calls Obama ‘A Dick’ On Live TV- MSNBC Suspends Him
Time Magazine Editor Mark Halperin should have known better. While on-air “gaffes” are not rare, a media member flatly stating his opinion on-the-air only because he thought it could censored out later is not a common occurrence. Perhaps Mark should take some motherly advice- “If you can’t say something nice about someone, say nothing at all!”
That might be too much to ask in this day and age where everyone thinks their opinion matters (point proven in this article as I, the author give my personal opinion).
Then again… maybe Mr. Halperin was right. While a lady should never talk that way, I would have to agree with his assessment of the President’s attitude yesterday.
What I find sadly amusing is how this situation has played out this morning.
First there was the incident itself.
Then came the syrupy-sweet apology.
Then MSNBC announced that Mark Halperin, the reporter who made the “gaffe”, was “indefinitely suspended”.
The video posted does not show the entire exchange between Joe Scarborough and co-host Mika Brzezinski during Mr. Halperin’s apology, but it has been mysteriously scrubbed from the internet. Ms. Brzezinski was what I would call syrupy-sweet and very over-the-top in saying that they also apologized, etc., etc., etc., blah, blah, blah.
I find interesting that Mr. Halperin has been “indefinitely suspended” for his remarks, yet it’s “anything goes” when discussing Conservatives. Just a few examples for you to mull over:
- Chris Matthews calls Michele Bachmann a “balloon head”
- Some have said that MSNBC has an “almost unhealthy obsession with Sarah Palin”- and I am sure it is obvious their “obsessive” coverage of Governor Palin is not positive
- Specifically, Governor Palin was blamed by NUMEROUS MSNBC (as well as other MSM outlets) hosts, pundits, etc. for the shooting of Congresswoman Giffords
- Ed Schultz, another MSNBC host, was given a slap-on-the-wrist discipline of a one week suspension for calling Conservative talk-show host Laura Ingraham a slut
- Cenk Uygur, yet another MSNBC host, mocked a gay GOProud chairman in an on-air interview
These are just a few of the endless remarks against Conservatives that have had little or no repercussions for the offender.
Another interesting note for readers. In my research for this article, I read that the rumor mill is churning with whispers of CBS possibly being in talks to steal “Morning Joe” and replace their never ending boring morning programming with Joe and Mika. I’m guessing the rumor mill may be grinding to a halt after today’s fiasco.