“That” Day Has Come- Israel IS The Burdensome Stone

You are currently browsing comments. If you would like to return to the full story, you can read the full entry here: ““That” Day Has Come- Israel IS The Burdensome Stone”.

Tags: , , , ,

1. Paul says:

As a Methodist no one in the church speaks for me.We seem to always have people in areas where they should not be.This is called the peter principle.This is more garbage coming from people that have too much time on their hands.

2. Jeffrey Welsh says:

I am a 51 year old Methodist that left the church for 10 years to attend a non-denominational church. My heart longed for the tradition that I knew as a child. Now that I have returned, I am learning more and more about the liberal views within. I am sad about it, but must be real. Can any organization as large as the UMC truly be united in thought and attitude? Aren’t there going to be varying ideas about what “social justice” means, and how far it is supposed to extend? Certainly John Wesley believed in social justice, but the oppression of that day was much, much different than that of today. Where do we begin and end with our social activism? I personally believe that we are to stand with Israel, and that we should be united in our love of God and for each other.

• Susie says:

The people of the UMC need to research their Bible and they will discover it never changes as God’s heart for His son never changes and His heart for His beloved people never changes. Israel is the apple of God’s eye and whoever rebukes the nation of Israel will be rebuked and judged just like all the other nations who tried to enslave the Hebrew nation: Egypt, Babylon, Rome, Persia and Asseria etc
      If America withdraws her support from Israel God help this nation who is Christian in name only, who willl be judged severely. Every time we have forced Israel.to give up her land, we have been attacked in the forms of huricanes, tornadoes, floods, heat and fires! Wake up America and wake up churchs!

• Susie says:

If America withdraws her support from Israel God help this nation who is Christian in name only, who willl be judged severely. Every time we have forced Israel.to give up her land, we have been attacked in the forms of hurricanes, tornadoes, floods, heat and fires! Wake up America and wake up churchs!

3. Pat says:

As for me and my house, we will also serve the Lord and stand with Israel regardless of the misguidance of my fellow Methodist brothers. Palestinians have chosen to create problems by taking whatever they can force from Israel simply because they are anti-Semetic. Did you know that historically, the Palestinian people settled and lived largely in the vast lands of what is now Jordan, yet they have no argument with the Arab peoples of Jordan or logically ask for those lands back . . .

4. Wow says:

That was quite a quick response to the comments I just posted. I see that you are in favor of suppressing people’s opinions and rights. Wow…

5. WHAT??? says:

Unfortunately, this entire article is mistaken. Jesus called us to help one another, to love our enemies. Has the Palestinian government committed atrocities? Yes. Has the Israeli government committed atrocities? Yes. Both are at fault. The political state of Israel today is not the same Israel spoken of in the Bible. Please, stop pulling random verses about Israel from the Old Testament and Revelation without researching the context of the scripture. In most cases, it is not referring to the end times.
    In addition, do you realize that there are Christians in Palestine? Do you realize that they have been forced out of their homes in Palestine? Do you realize that there are Muslims in Israel? The debate over geographic lines and global support for peace has nothing to do with the religion? It’s POLITICAL! Do I believe that Jesus would be sitting with the abused people in both Israel and Palestine? YES!! He would!!!!!!
    When did Jesus EVER say force people out of their homes, occupy their land, and take what should be yours? He said to sell all of your possessions to the poor.
    In reference to the quote from Abraham Lincoln, I sadly recognize your knack for simply pulling quotes out of thin air? Abraham Lincoln also once said “If I could save the Union without freeing any slave I would do it, and if I could save it by freeing all the slaves I would do it; and if I could save it by freeing some and leaving others alone I would also do that. What I do about slavery, and the colored race, I do because I believe it helps to save the Union; and what I forbear, I forbear because I do not believe it would help to save the Union. I shall do less whenever I shall believe what I am doing hurts the cause, and I shall do more whenever I shall believe doing more will help the cause.” Abraham Lincoln freed the slaves for political gain. Out of patriotism for the United States, which also happens to occupy other nations in the name of “altruism.”

I know that many of you will be appalled at this statement, say that I need to read the Bible, that I’m not a real Christian for not supporting Israel’s occupation of Palestine, and you have the right to your own opinion. But this is my opinion, as a follower of Jesus Christ and what he came to this Earth to say. I beg you to take a long hard look in the mirror, think about WHY you feel the way you do, back it up with what JESUS said, and consider feeling an ounce of sympathy for others.

6. P. Pickett says:

As for me and my house, we will serve the Lord. I am heart broken over Pres. Obama’s comments. We are Methodist and do not understand how our church has chosen not to stand with Israel. I will be questioning the church’s stand.

• Mr./Ms. Pickett-

My heartfelt and humble prayers will be with you and your family, as well as all of the Methodist faith. Stay strong in your faith. I pray that the church’s stand will not waiver your personal faith. God is faithful and true to all who hold fast to Him. God bless you and your family!

7. Ellen Reaves says:

As for me and my house, I will serve The Lord. As for me and my house, I wll stand with Israel, Now and Forever.

8. I refer to the COVENANT God made with Abraham, as to how much land belongs to Israel- without a doubt God PROMISED Abraham the land that INCLUDES Jerusalem- therefore, Jerusalem IS Israel.

9. Tony Gibson says:

If you’re going to quote the Bible, then at least get it right. It does not say Israel is a burdensome stone, it says Jerusalem.

• Osure says:

the quoted text in the post does say Jerusalem and I would imagine that most readers would get that the title is making a point, not a quotation.

The intent of the passage in Zachariah is to say that the defense of the Jewish homeland will be a burden that will bring harm to those that choose to bear it. I kind of thought it clever to broaden the passage and make it relevant.

I am not personally as religious as the author, but I get the intent of the article. What’s more important is understanding the societal risk of not supporting Israel.

Sure, we could decide to let Israel fall, because we aren’t Jewish – and then complain that no one comes, because they aren’t Christians, or Americans or whatever.

The line against Muslim extremism has to get drawn somewhere.