Finally, an Honest List of Obama’s Accomplishments
AFP, the world’s first international news agency has a problem. One of their reporters has gone off the reservation and chosen to write a fact piece instead of the opinion-infested, Obama-cheerleader piece he was asked to write.
While some are painting Stephen Collins’ piece as pro-Obama fandom, there are hints that “he’s really not that into you” Barrack.
.. once a fresh faced prophet of hope, now a graying incumbent and the face of America’s painful status quo..
Ah, the young Senator from Illinois is now old.. what a shame. This journalist is clearly writing a hit-piece on our President. If going after Barrack’s looks weren’t enough, Stephen chose to go after Obama’s policies as well.
Obama, his political brand battered by a flurry of crises near and far — including an economic meltdown and a third US war abroad in Libya..
Oh Mr. Collinson (which would be such a great name if your first name was Collin), you can’t blame Libya on Obama, clearly the Koch brothers, Bush, or George Washington are to blame. But NOooooo, Stephen is perhaps making the point that it is a former president’s fault by saying, “Though many of America’s problems predated his presidency..” – a thinly-veiled attempt at directing blame towards Clinton or Carter because this author could not possibly use the whole “blame Bush” thing.
To finish the article, Mr. Collinson referenced a list of accomplishments that Obama announced at a recent party, or golf outing, or swim in the ocean or something:
At a recent Democratic Party event in New York, Obama ticked off a list of accomplishments.
“We’ve gotten a lot of stuff done. But right now what?s on my mind is what hasn?t gotten done yet,” he said.
A lot of stuff? Ok, not specific, but I did find two different lists that were specific. The first is over at MentalRecession.com:
- A 100% increase in gasoline prices.
- A $5 trillion plus increase in the national debt, and a projection that the debt will increase to 102.6% of the nation’s GDP – a first since the end of World War II.
- Tripled the national deficit in his first year in office.
- An increase in the unemployment rate to 10.0%, and an underemployment rate of 19.3%.
- The torture (as defined by liberals) of an American soldier.
- Has failed in an embarrassing manner to close Guantanamo Bay, a focal point of his campaign in 2008.
- 858 U.S. soldiers killed in Afghanistan since Obama’s inauguration.
- Launched a third war in Libya by avoiding Congressional approval – something Vice-President Biden called an impeachable offense, and which Obama himself declared unconstitutional.
- Did manage to end combat operations in Iraq. Well, maybe that was Bush.
- A mere 37% of American voters believe Obama is doing a good job handling their national security.
And the second here at Conservative Daily News:
So I say, good on ya Mr. Collinson. You’ve contributed to truth in media (or at least I’ve made it seem like you might have made a half-assed try at it). I personally cannot wait to read your next post.