Governor Scott LAUNCHES WEBSITE AND
Opens State Salary Database to the Public
Tallahassee, Fla. – Governor Rick Scott today launched a new website that will serve the public by providing access to frequently requested public records and other information, including a state employee salary database.
The new website is located at www.FloridaHasARightToKnow.com and contains the following information (and more):
- Public access to state employee salary information.
- Contract records, including approved, denied and “under review” contracts.
- Information on rulemaking status and procedures.
- Annualized retirement benefit calculations of $100,000 and more for state and local employees (personal information redacted).
- Links to other open government resources.
Thank you Governor Scott, this is real transparency that the people voted for in 2010. Maybe the Obama administration can take some notes here.
“This useful tool enhances public access to government records so taxpayers can see how their tax dollars are being spent,” said Governor Scott.