|After Four Years of Control of Congress, Her Reckless Economic Policies Have Serious Consequences South Florida’s Small Businesses|
Pembroke Pines, FL. – Whenever the topic of the economy is addressed by Congresswoman Debbie Wasserman-Schultz, she can always be counted on to blame others for failed economic results, and she has never accepted responsibility for what has occurred during her tenure in Congress. But now that the “Summer of Recovery” has concluded and has shown itself to be a public relations fiasco and a failure in terms of real economic results- the time has come for Debbie Wasserman-Schultz to account for her record to the voters. Unfortunately, Debbie Wasserman-Schultz will never level with the American people and admit responsibility for the failed economic results that have occurred on her watch, and she will continue to spin, misinform, and deceive the public in order to maintain her grasp on power.
The economic policies that Debbie Wasserman-Schultz has supported, which constitute an unprecedented amount of government interference in the American private sector- replete with bailouts, unsustainable federal spending, a failed “stimulus” plan; government takeovers of banks, auto and insurance companies, and student loans; and the massively unpopular takeover over our healthcare system- have literally left our economy on the brink.
Debbie Wasserman-Schultz and Democrats took control of Congress in January of 2007. Here’s what her policies have left in their wake:
· The Democrat-controlled Congress has amassed more debt in the last four years than nearly the previous 230 years combined
· National Unemployment Rate has climbed from 5.0 to 9.6 percent
· The “Real” Unemployment Rate (U6) measuring unemployed people who are actively seeking work – skyrockets from 8.3 to 17.1 percent
· Florida’s Unemployment Rate- Spikes from 3.7 to 11.7 Percent
· The Failure of the “Stimulus” Plan- approximately 3 million American jobs have been lost since the passage of the “Recovery” Act in February 2009
· The Number of Americans receiving food stamps was 41.8 million in July 2010- up almost 10 million people since Jan. 2009
· Middle-class Americans have made their deepest spending cuts in more than two decades, slashing spending on such discretionary items as restaurant meals and alcohol during the recession
· The poorest Americans are spending more as prices increase for necessities like food and rental housing
· 72,000 “stimulus” checks were sent to the deceased and the incarcerated
The bottom line for our national economy: as the poor and middle class are forced to make substantial cutbacks to their household budgets, our federal government does just the opposite with its budget, and continues with its reckless fiscal policies that very much jeopardize our nation’s prosperity.
“The policies of Debbie Wasserman Schultz are holding the American economy hostage, and persisting with these same failed policies will only result in further damage to our economy that could take years to recover from,” said Karen Harrington, candidate for Congress in Florida’s 20th Congressional District. “Debbie Wasserman-Schultz does not understand that excessive taxation and regulation causes fear and uncertainty that does enormous damage to both household budgets and to small business owners. Americans have a clear choice in November- continue with the failed policies of Debbie Wasserman-Schultz that will lead to further economic ruin and dependency on government, or return to fiscally responsible policies that allow the ingenuity and industriousness of small businesses to lead us out of the economic wasteland that Debbie Wasserman-Schultz has led us into for the last four years,” said Harrington.