AARP Alternative, Alliance for Retirement Prosperity, to Launch Wednesday

You are currently browsing comments. If you would like to return to the full story, you can read the full entry here: “AARP Alternative, Alliance for Retirement Prosperity, to Launch Wednesday”.

Tags: , , ,

1. Bill Adkins says:

I am a member of AARP because my Insurance said they had the best Auto/ Road Hazard coverage available, which included Towing for up to 100 miles.I found that to be a major benefit even though I have used it twice in 20 years. Do you have an equivalent?? Thanks!!

• I agree that AARP has done a terrible job representing retired persons. It has turned into a left-wing political organization. Hopefully the alliance will fill the gap that was left when AARP abandoned the boomer and senior population. The site is http://wethealliance.com/. Just click the huge “Join the Alliance” button in the upper right hand corner. Best of luck and let me know if there is anything else I can do to help.

2. Douglas Rando says:

I joinred the Alliance on Feb 10,2011. Since then I have received nothing from them. I went on line to check the discounts and was very disappointed. Most , if not all the discounts I saw are available to the general puplic.. I have been trying to communicate with the Alliance with no success. There are no phone numbers on the website. I emailed them and was given a website, the same site I used in the first place!. I called a number which was on a email I received when I joined. All a I got was a anwering machine. This is not looking good.

• lawrenceeparker says:

Earlier this year I was bombarded by the Alliance with e-mails urging me to join. After many such e-mails I was convinced that the Alliance was, indeed, an excellent alternative to AARP. So, I joined. Since becoming a ‘member’, I have received absolutely no contact via e-mail, or any other form of communication. I am very disappointed and angry. I thought this was the real thing. Just another fraud, Alliance? Got my money and that’s all she wrote? Very frustrating.

• Dahlia L says:

Same here. Although, I did receive two newsletters the months after I joined. I have since sent three emails and it’s as if they have fallen off the face of the earth or are hiding from members.

Shame, shame, shame!!!

3. Ed P says:

More information, please. Let’s stand up for our rights as interested, active, involved citizens of the United States of America.

4. Paige says:

I am so angry with AARP and will never support them in any way. In addition to the President Obama Health Care Mess, AARP disenrolled me from the Part D plan(I paid through July 2010) because I did not fill out a form stating that I did not have coverage with Blue Cross. I had coverage with AARP all along and the year previous as well). Now I will be , forevermore, required to pay a penalty every month on any new Medicare D plan I choose. Oh, they sent me refund checks, but that will never make up for the penalty (we have longevity in our family, so nearly fifty cents per month penalty is no small amount!

5. Bill Tanner says:

Would like information on joining your org—as opposed to AARP. How do I get that info?

6. How much does it cost to join? How do we join? How do we know that you are not LEFT WING, TOO?

I (we) and numerous others quit AARP years ago when we realized that they were anti-American.

• Conservative Daily News isn’t The Alliance for Retirement Prosperity, they are a company that we wanted to expose to our readers. Trust me, Conservative Daily News is not left-wing, and I don’t think that The Alliance is either, but that’s for you to decide.

I did a follow-up interview with Dr. Hunter, the President of the alliance. You can read it here: The Alliance Interview – In-Depth Look into Conservative Alternative to AARP

Read the interview, visit their site and make your own determination. I believe it is the Conservative alternative to AARP, but you as the consumer would ultimately have to decide.

7. Bernie Brazill says:

Quite a few years ago I quit AARP when I started receiving a glossy magazine from them which was put together by a bunch of “YOUNG” Hollywood lefties. When they started to push Susan Saradin and other hard left leaning Hollywood stars in every issue for us to “emulate,” I wrote and told them to take me off their mailing list. After that is when they took the microphone off an older gentleman who was questioning why they were supporting Obama’s healthcare. The woman was downright rude to the audiance and especially the man asking the question.

I pray The Alliance Alternative becomes bigger and better than AARP in its quest to make life easier for retired Christian Conservatives.

8. Vern Keener says:

The Alliance interests me. I resigned from AARP several years ago after complaining thatthey were a left wing organizatyion. Their monthly newsletter featured a young unwed mother having finacial problems. Wow I have sympathy for all people who are having difficulties but I thought AARP was supposed to represent those over 55. We all have difficulties. Another article also was extremely left wing. I requested and recieved a refund for that years membership!!! If the so called “Alliance” represents us over 55 people I thank you!! Please keep up the good work. By the way I tryed to log onto http://www.wethealliance.com but could not. Please advise on how I can get more info about the org. and how I can become a member.
    Vern Keener

9. Linda Gemza says:

Would like information on your program and how to join.

10. Jim Britt says:

I hate the AARP since the supported Obama’s socialized (government controlled) insurance plan.

I hate all the ripoff companies they support (insurance, loans, etc) that do nothing but rip off members. If the AARP endorses it then I will not buy it!

I burned my AARP card; they can keep their discounts! I would rather be seen with a Union card then AARP, and that’s pretty low!