Obama Reminds Us Not To Salute the Flag During National Anthem

Obama received criticism for no-longer wearing the U.S. flag pen on his lapel. In response, the President went of on this rant:

As I’ve said about the flag pin, I don’t want to be perceived as taking sides,” Obama said. “There are a lot of people in the world to whom the American flag is a symbol of oppression. And the anthem itself conveys a war-like message. You know, the bombs bursting in air and all. It should be swapped for something less parochial and less bellicose. I like the song ‘I’d Like to Teach the World to Sing.’ If that were our anthem, then I might salute it.

So something like giving the world a Coke would be cool, but Francis Scott Key’s rememberence of the struggle that created this country is an issue.  Well, try this one on for size Captain Kick-ass:

According to the United States Code, Title 36, Chapter 10, Sec. 171, During rendition of the national anthem when the flag is displayed, all present except those in uniform are expected to stand at attention facing the flag with the right hand over the heart.

Obama, you’re no hero and your continued denigration of those that helped to create and defend this great nation remind us of why we will be spending every waking moment defeating you, your ilk, your hatred of the American way of life.  Be gone Satan, be gone.

Follow Rich Mitchell on Twitter

Post to Twitter Post to Facebook Post to Reddit Post to Technorati

Tags: , ,

1. Shawn says:

I am not a supporter of Obama, but we need to please put in quotes somewhere that this is a false statement and not something that the President ever said. I got lots of slack for posting this on my FACEBOOK wall.

• LiberalTerminator says:

Shawn if what you say that you do not support Obama why then have you missed his quote. It is clear from the transcript of “Meet the Press” he is quoted acurately in this article.

Obama said what he said. He does not like our national anthem. So, don’t be afraid of the truth.

Obama’s dislike of American patriotism supports his socialist aganda.

Are you a stooge for him, and you say you don’t support him?

2. Jim Guess says:

I should have added … I despise what Obama is doing to our country. He is the absolute worst president … ever.

However, we don’t need to make up lies about him. There is enough this socialist is doing that is totally true and should scare us to death.

3. Big Pop says:

I’m not in the military, I don’t wear a uniform, but I do stand and place my hand over my heart for our National Anthem.
    Obama sounds like a very unpatriotic president.

• Big Pop says:

I read the Article wrong. My apologies. Still, I will stand and sing the National Anthem.

4. Why, Is Obama even in the whit house.If I had been standing by him and he didn’t salute the flag,It would have embarrased me to death,when I was in school,we stood,sang the anthem,saluted the flag,and had a bible verse read,and I don’t remember any body caring what others thought. Why oh why can’t we do that again.and I’m only 65,What will it be in 20 more years? Think of all the men and women,that gave thier lives for that flag,and this country,And we or some call him the president of this great country,(NOT ME) Sylvia

5. csrdrunner says:

Visit:

I have built this site to expose him for who he really is, hope you have time to visit.

“What luck for rulers that men do not think.”
    adolf hitler

hmmmmmmmmmmmmmm! See how easily the blind sheep go to slaughter.